Saturday, November 13, 2010

Craft Beer Express #3 Fall Edition

The CBX was on November 13th starting at 11am to 9pm which had a series of buses running loops between the following bars (Kraftworks, Johnny Brenda's, Standard Tap, The Institute, Bishop's Collar, Kite & Key, Jose Pistolas, Sidecar, P.O.P.E, Devils Den & Brauhaus Schmitz).
Scheduled Events
Kraftwork: 20 Beers from B.United
Johnny Brenda's: The Wet Hop Rodeo (A round up of local & national wet hoped beers)
Standard Tap: Imperial Pageant
The Institute: The Power of the Darks Side (Stout & Porter event)
Bishop's Collar: Southern Tier Invades the North East
Kite & Key: A.A.A (Almighty, Afternoon of Alagash)
Jose Pistolas: Big Bold Barleywine
Sidecar: Featuring Bell's Jazz series brews
P.O.P.E: Dogfish Head Dominates the P.O.P.E featuring the Randell 3.0
Devils Den: Stockertown Beverage Supplies SUDDS special tapping of Founders Nemesis
Brauhaus Schmitz: Starkierfest
    I started at Jose Pistolas for the Barleywines then to Sidecar and had the Bell's 25th Anniversary brew. Next was my favorite stop, P.O.P.E. I ran into some old friends, Curt and Bear from Nodding Heads. On to the beer, they had 12+ DFH taps including: the 2009 -120 Minute IPA; the 2008 - World Wide Stout on the “Randall the Enamel Animal” hop infuser with cherries; and this years Fort!

    * The 120 Minute blew me away – one of best beers I have ever had. So complex and very good.
    * The World Wide Stout through the infuser was phenomenal –Wow! not quite as good as the 2004 I had yesterday at Monk's but through the Randall with the cherries, ridiculous! (look at my review from Monk's)
    * The Fort was nothing like what I had anticipated –Fruity, tart (and boozy at 18%) unlike any other beer I have every had.  
      I only made two more stops before calling it a day.  By far the DFH was the best beer.
      Enhanced by Zemanta

      No comments:

      Post a Comment