Thursday, April 7, 2011

De Proef - Reserve Signature Ale

A stylish and artistic collaborative brewing effort that combines the enormous talents of Dirk Naudts, at Belgium’s De Proef Brewery, and Tomme Arthur of Port Brewing and Lost Abbey in southern California.

I had this at Monk's on a Belgium beer sampling day.   

The ABV is 8.5 and the IBU rating is ??
Style - Belgium Strong Ale
Glass to use- Snifter, Tulip, Oversized Wine Glass
Delivery - 330ml Bottle

Can be cellared for long periods, under the proper conditions.

The Pour - Pours a cloudy orange color with a white head that vanishes. Very slight lacing.
Aroma - Tart apple, malty, slightly pungent.
Taste -  Malty, tart and a hint of sour, finishes sweet.
Mouth Feel - Light carbonation.  Smooth finish.
Drinkable - I'm glad I gave this a try, though I don't think I'll order it again. (Actually it was recommended by the bartender, I had asked for a Belgium that I've never had before.)

This beer may pair well with white meats.

This beer gets a Duper rating of A.
BeerAdvocate Rating =A-
Ratebeer Rating = 99

No comments:

Post a Comment